Wednesday 19 August 2009

Buzzing

LOVED training Tim tonight, not sure why particularly except that it just felt good. We've still a load of stuff to work on but each time we're both just getting it and understanding each other a bit more. He did some nice box work, is sending on and looking for his next jump, and is sending a little way to both types of tunnel. Also he did the A-scale off-lead for the first time and did it soooo well - going over confidently and enthusiastically running into his 2o2o and managing it more often than not, though at least trying to stop every time, LOL! He also did it in combination with wrapping round a jump either end of it too. We've not done much with the weaves yet and probably need to really put more effort into those now too. I'm starting to believe he might actually be ready for the pre-comp class at the first show he's foolishly entered for (NAWS Oct). I was a bit worried I'd taken on more than I should in such a speedy boy, but I feel like he's proving to be exactly what I wanted and needed in a "next" dog and I'm really enjoying his work ethic. I get a thrill from how he works on and drives through turns, etc. whilst still having steerability! Good ginger boy Tim :0)
Whilst we were setting up I ran Maisie over the A-scale about 8 times and did 12 weaves once. I think that's her optimum amount of training. She'll always be my bestest super-duper little fluffy angel girly ():-)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great, glad he is getting on so well.
    and your agility weekend fotos look just fab. Well done!

    ReplyDelete