Sunday 6 December 2009

Wyre

Miss Mouse relaxing after a hard day's agility-ing

Another muddy day at Myerscough! We had some super courses. First up was the 1-2 Starter's Challenge thingy - great course, very Maisie, some tricky angles and traps. Maisie absolutely flew - fantastic time - think she'd have been third ... except she flew not only round the course but off both the dogwalk and A-scale contacts, ooops!!! She was a total wildchild - looked me in the eyes and launched, I had to giggle :o) Next up was 1-3 comb jumping which I'd not really planned to run but as she was so giddy, for once I thought it might be good to work some steam off her and the course was weird enough that we might do OK! Sadly we were E'd at the fourth obstance - a reeeeally tricky wrong end of the tunnel thing, oooops. I retired us gracefully as my torn thigh muscle suggested that it was on borrowed time, so saved it for the last agility class. Another super course. To my surprise, Maisie even boogied round a pinwheel at a reasonable rate and she absolutely attacked the rest of the course! I did work the contacts very slowly and carefully though and in the event we went clear but just out of the places. On the last line of the course it went jump - long jump - jump - and gosh did she take off - I glanced back and saw her just put in one stride after the long jump (on some days she could've put 3+ strides in there) and take off for the final jump miles ahead, and I totally thought she couldn't make it and would crash through, but she sailed over it!!! Gosh, I've never ever seen her throw her heart over something so mightily. What an amazing little Mouse :o)

1 comment:

  1. WOW sounds like she is flying!! Well done
    Its a blessing and a curse - now Ben has speed his weaves have gone to pot as he gets so excited he headbuts them!!

    ReplyDelete