Sunday 2 May 2010

Weeeeeavies!

I'm determined that Tim is going to have superb independent weaves! I've made some stick-in poles and keep taking them out on walks with us! Just had a brilliant 5 minutes playing with them on the park. He's super at finding his entries from all different angles - I think starting with the channels was really good for that. He's also sending in from waaaay behind and at speed - always gets the entry, sometimes pops back out, but mostly succeeds. In fact, I can stay so far behind or wide of him I think I'll take a "wanger" next time as it's too far to throw his ball ahead by hand to reward! He's doing both sides well, is good with me crossing behind, or being ahead. The thing we need to work on some more is me running fast past him whilst he's in the weaves - he tends to then rush and pop out early - only when I'm close to him though, so he's doing pretty well :o) I think he's a bit more speed to give yet too though he is getting quite swift already.
Billy's flyballing at Drax tomorrow. Nice cool, dry-ish day forecast, should be a good day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment