Wednesday 31 August 2011

Wyre

It was a total mudfest!!! Show cancelled on Saturday but went ahead Sun and Mon with improving ground. Not a whole lot to say really except it was extremely muddy! Maisie Mouse's first run on Sat could've been a stormer for her but there was a bit where I'd have needed to sprint to push her onto a tunnel and I was left floudering like Bambi on ice. (I ran her first in the first class of the day in the elusive ring 4 - so her path was fine, handlers' path was terrible just from course-walking!) The ground really improved through the day and, though I very nearly packed in for the day after that first run, we did do some more. Weavitis hit Mais again but she ran well. The cooler conditions have started to bring out much more zoomy Winter Mouse!! 
Tim again was a little star, I can't believe how suddenly his confidence and joy in the ring have transformed! One Jumping run was just fab - we just pushed wide past one jump but crikey he was fast!!! Fast 12 weaves included. One of his classes on Sunday (Jules will like this!...) I walked the course for and was delighted at how handley but flowing it was - perfect for the boy, couldn't wait to run it, went up to the caller to get our ticket, not on the list ... ummm I'd walked the 4-5 course in the next ring by mistake!! So of course then made a bit of a bollox of the G3 course I hadn't walked. You've gotta giggle huh!
The weekend was lifted by some great cakes (Greyhound Gap) and puddings (we made Eton Mess, yumm my fave pud ever!!). Also the Champ class was so exciting to watch.
Then we came home and washed, scrubbed and scraped for days!

Puppy Clo is now just about 8 months old. I thought it might be time to start introducing props to our bits of basic training so I got out a traffic cone last night and took it up on the field. I started her off going round it either way about 6 times each way and she got the hang of that very quickly and thought she was ace. I took her off then for a wander and play round the field, leaving the cone to maybe go back to and do a couple of times again after. Well, we walked on but then I heard her doing her squeaky yipping and looked across to the other side of the field where she'd zoomed back to the cone and was play-bowing to me and staring at it with the biggest most enthusiastic grin on her pretty little face. Helllllllllp!!!!

Billy Woof ... I'm still getting sandy knots out of his bum fluff from West Lakes!!! LOL x
Slightly random pic of  my new shed :o)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some really nice shows you've been having. Sounds like its really coming together for Tim, I cant wait to see him run again someday soon! And to meet the lovely Clover :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Tim is getting soooo much better show by show, well done you Ginger-man!!!! I lolled at you walking the wrong course ha ha....soooooo meeeeee!!! Winter Mouse is coming out to play now, looking forward to seeing super-speedy-Maisie :-)
    Well done on surviving the mud....I've still got loads of sand in the car from West Lakes... :-)
    Didn't we all have fun at our Agility-mud-fests lol!!!

    ReplyDelete