Tuesday 19 January 2010

The fields are green!

Finally got a pretty pic of the girl with her trophy :o)

Thank goodness the snow has almost gone at last this past couple of days. I must be getting grown-up and boring coz I've never wished snow away before, but it has gone on so long and casued so much disruption, not to mention loss of earnings. There are still odd patches in the hollows and by walls and so Maisie is still taking the opportunity to seek them out for a good snowy roll!

I've been working with Tim this week on getting a really good dynamic 'wait' and he will now stop and wait at a good distance whilst I throw his toy the other way and then he'll 'ready' bouncing in anticipation but without breaking till I say 'OK'. That takes a lot of self-control for him and he so tries to please, he's a good boy! I'd like to work on it more on the startline and maybe to be able to throw his toy whilst he's coming down/stopped on his contacts, and then release him to it. Fingers, toes and paws crossed we will get to train this week!..

& Billy's news - well, after much agonising, I've decided to not put him forward for flyball teams this year. It's just been too much trying to commit to both flyball and agility - and train at least weekly for both - so I'm just going to take him to training when we can make it but not every week, though we will be available if cover is needed in a team sometime. He is very easy to fit into a team if needed as he'll run anywhere. I still feel a little guilty but also think there's no need to really as he seems to enjoy the training as much as tournaments - rosettes are really for humans after all! And he's a dog who just knows how to enjoy life 100% anyway, with or without an organised sport. I so love that Billydog :o)

Just made an apple and blackberry pie so off to eat a big hunk of it now - except it turned out to be apple and raspberry when the 'blackberries' thawed ... I'm sure it will be delicious anyway, yummm :o)

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget you've got to make another cake for training tomorrow night to celebrate Maisie's Award - since you ate the one you originally made to bring.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops, no time to make one now. Might have to cheat and buy one or wait till next week.
    It was a very nice cake, I enjoyed it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo Kirsty! I cried when I read Maisies story on the site. You have worked so hard with her. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete