Thursday 4 March 2010

Tim's a life-saver

Out walking this aft with the boyz and Tim started acting really oddly - even more than usual :) Anyway it turned out he was telling me something and when I looked there was sheep in trouble. She'd got stuck on her back in a hollow in the ground. I thought she was dead actually - all four legs stuck straight upright and no movement. Thought I'd better go check though and when I toe-poked her she moved, so I checked her over then rolled her back onto her feet. She had a huge wee & poo so must've been stuck there for quite a while. I did a bit of door-knocking and found out who she belonged to and, as luck would have it, just as I found out, her owner (t'Coalman!) drove past and so we flagged him down and told him and so he went to sort her out. Apparently they're just a few days off lambing and as she'd obviously been stuck there a good while she'd have probably croaked had Tim not spotted her. It was like a scene from Lassie! So perhaps Tim is in touch with his inner sheepdog after all. Clever multi-talented ginger boy.

1 comment: