Tuesday 2 March 2010

NAWS Feb

 

Tim & I had been on a training day on Saturday and had a really good session where a few things clicked into place. Then on Sunday we had NAWS.
First Maisie's Jumping - first run went a bit tits-up partly because of a bit of argy-bargy in the queue, and then the weaves were near to the ring rope where a huge man was standing! :-O So that didn't go down well! Second run was really nice though - it was a shame she tipped a pole, but never mind. She wasn't so up for the Agility in the aft and went back to backing off her contacts a bit again, for some reason. She managed a respectable clear anyway though, my good girl.
Tim's Jumping - well the boy was on fire! Slightly bemused by his first stonking clear, I was quite gobsmacked when we managed it a second time!! In the end he finished in 3rd but only an nth of a second behind the winning time by Lesley's Mist who is jaw-droppingly FAST! Apparently Tim doesn't look nearly as fast as Mist (I've no idea, he's just a ginger blur to me!) but he seems to run pretty efficiently. I have noticed he doesn't tend to motorbike on his turns as much as a lot of fast BCs do. I'm not getting too carried away as it was basically a helter-skelter type course, and going fast in big circles is what he is best at, but still very, very pleased! & then he ran very nicely in the Agility too, judged by his Auntie Nat. He was clear again on the first run and very pleasingly sent down a long straight line to a tunnel with me at least 2 jumps behind. Second run I just turned my shoulders too soon and pulled him off the tunnel mouth! My fault, of course. And then he steamed over the A-scale and didn't stop as solidly as I wanted so I popped him over again and gave him a cuddle. Placed 5th on the first run though, even with contacts held for a good while. He is still running over medium jumps in comp and that seems to be working well for him for now. His startline waits are getting mostly quite solid - good job, we're sooo gonna need them!!!

Photo by John of Sunnyside Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment