Monday 22 February 2010

Shopping

I was just in the farmshop queuing for the till when a lady in front of me with two small boys realised she'd forgotten to pick up some celery. She told the boys that they'd have to come out of the queue to go back for it. The bigger of the boys though, only about 5 years old, said: "Don't worry Mummy, you stay there, I'll go get it, I know where it is!" So Mummy agreed and off he sprinted, there and back in the blink of an eye. He proudly presented his prize like it was a beautiful bunch of flowers! Except ... it wasn't celery but a bunch of spring onions!! His Mummy had the briefest little chuckle to herself but immediately gave him a big smile and said "Thank you Daniel, that's brilliant, well done for being such a helpful boy!"
I thought this was a lovely bit of training :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment