Sunday 14 February 2010

Amazing Maisie Mouse AWB

So yesterday at Hare & Hounds (Richmond) Maisie got those last few points for her Agility Warrant (Bronze)!!! If her head gets any bigger she'll not fit through tunnels :o)
It was a hideously early start with classes starting at 8am. I'd only entered Maisie in the two (graded) classes so it felt a bit of a long way to go just for two runs. First run was jumping for a change - lovely course, we got E'd after the first jump, as did Helen & Skip - amazingly we each accomplished this feat in different ways, and what makes it even dafter is that the first four obstacles were jumps in a straight line, haha!! Then we had our agility run - fairly straighforward course apart from a pull-through and a sharp left after the seesaw into the cloth tunnel, which caught a few out. Maisie did a nice workmanlike round and finished 8th. There was a bit of a drama as somehow I'd got the wrong scribe slip - dunno how I didn't notice as I (nearly!) always check! I do think it's an important part of scribing to say "When your ready, Ermintrude" to double-check against this sort of thing. Anyway, after some begging and lip-trembling it was sorted by the lovely Show Manager. I paid penance by stepping in to ring party in the aft, they were quite short of volunteers and for a couple of hours I was doing leads, slips, poles; and even calling in too for some of the time. Now that's an impressive bit of multi-tasking if I say so myself ;o)
There were some other great results too: Helen and Skip 5th in Gr2 agility, Louise & Saffie winning out of Gr3 smalls and other fab results, and Sara & Tilly 3rd in G1 jumping.
I took Billy on the back field on his own with a tuggy this aft and had a lovely time without the two little monsters - sometimes a half-hour doing nothing much can be really special and this was one of those times.


2 comments:

  1. Aww it is always the easiest of bits that go wrong, just before christmas I was at a show with Ben there was a nice straight line of jumps from the exit of the tunnel, then a tricky bit. I was running along the straight as Ben came out of the tunnel, saw the judge dressed as a teddy bear and went round the back of me to take the wrong jump - then did the tricky bit perfectly with a rear cross I didnt think would work.
    Well done on the bronze!! Hopefully we will get ours this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I think Maisie's lurch off course might've also been because of an oddly dressed judge -this time in a valentine's costume with a big red hat! Though she might've just been giddy :)
    I'm sure you will get your bronze this year too. Go Ben!!! x

    ReplyDelete