Sunday 29 May 2011

glum

Two shows to catch up on.

Last weekend saw us back at windy rainy Bakewell, this time for a Dog Vegas show. Had a nice time really. Both dogs did some good stuff. It was a 3 day show and I was just getting over the potato-leg injury. Saturday it was still quite dodgy so I didn't run Mouse at all, as I do need to sprint with her ... Tim did a run and did pretty well. He has indeed nailed weave entries, hurrah!!!!!! Sunday was an odd day with our mates getting injured this time - Helen and the Finger ... and Nikki and the flying table incident. All v dramatic but thankfully all relatively OK! Tim did some more nice stuff. Had meant to not run Maisie again but to my surprise - as I sometimes think she enjoys her aglity just to be polite :) she was going NUTS every time I got her out, so decided to try a run for a laugh after all, leg well strapped. She was soooo up for it, bouncing and yelping in the queue!!! and amazed me with more independence than she's ever shown before - my god, she even did layering!!! lol. Delighted she ended up with another 8th in G3 Agility! Monday was v soggy. Maisie did another speedy one first thing but just slipped out the side door of the seesaw. Tim was spooked by the cattle market noise in his Agility then we hung on for a Jumping run which was not our finest hour ... Most pleased the leg held up though and even improved over the w/e.

This w/e we ventured even further south to Nottingham. Not the most inspiring showground, camping pitch covered in thistles, ooouch! Saturday, Maisie did a nice run, I made a stupid lurch and got us e'd, but well done her :o) Tim did some more nice stuff. Classes were all 3-5 and really a bit hard for us. He did some more stonking weaves though - once off-course when I was sprinting off in the opposite direction. Think we've nailed the weaves!! The jumpies went a bit awry though and he ran under a fair few which he's not done in ages, confidence I suppose. 
Very, very sadly, our gang lost an oldie girly whilst at the show, making for a painful time for all, and put the ups and downs of agility in perspective. Our dogs are so precious to us and we must remember to treasure every day we're honoured to share with them. xxx

ETA: forgot to mention Maisie's last run to cap off a pretty crap weekend ... Did her last Agility run just before coming home. It was a very spread-out but straightforward course so I knew she'd no chance of a place but she should go clear with a paw tied behind her back and hopefully at least pick up a couple of Warrant points. So off we set - really zoomy start: jump - A-frame - jump - tunnel ....... flew into the tunnel, didn't emerge!!!! I ran to the exit end and called her - no sign! Ten seconds must have passed so I decided it was time to give up, so went back to the entry end - still no Mouse - I was starting to panic that she'd somehow shot off somewhere and I'd not noticed, but the Judge was still looking deadpan. Eventually, whilst I was literally sticking my head in the entry end to look for her, she popped out of the exit, then back in and out again! At this point giggling overtook us and we pootled off straight to the finish line. There MUST have been something yummy or very very sniffy in that tunnel as no way would she normally stop like that when she headed in so speedily, I suspect food - we ran second in the class so maybe something got dropped during course-walking. Hey ho!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That'll be the invisible tunelly-food-munster then ;)
    Sounds like the wonderful HRH fluffiness is enjoying Grade 3 :D hope your leg recovers soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Maisy doing you proud, even with tunnel disappearing act!!! Sad news about your gang loss, and yes I am with you on appreciating my dogs. Cant spend enough time with them :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete